Monday, August 29, 2016

FLASH FREEBIE! Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? Interactive Adapted Book

I haven't done a "flash freebie" in awhile and thought.... what better way to start the new school year!

I made a really cute interactive, adapted book to accompany "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?" by Bill Martin, Jr.  It will be FREE on tpt until 8/31 at 5pm est.  Find it HERE!

On each page, the student must select the correct sight word, from a field of 3 (I, see,a) and the correct picture (from a field of 10) to complete the

sentence (" I see a_____").


I then have my students point to each word and read the sentence. This not only works well as an adapted companion for the Brown Bear book, but targets many skills on its own including:
-sight words
-colors
-vocabulary
-describing
-sentence creation
-increasing MLU
-syntax


Directions: Print and laminate all pages for durability.
Cut each page in 1/2 , but leave page 7 whole as the book base.
Cut all pieces on the bottom half of page 6 out, and velcro above matching pieces on page 7 to allow students to interactively create sentences.  My students LOVE velcro and really enjoy interactive books.  For more instructions on assembly and to see the completed version, please visit BigAppleSpeech.blogspot.com.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment