Thursday, July 23, 2015

Friends of the Library Programs

I LOVE books.  I love using books in therapy.  There are so many amazing children's books out there.  I love watching students really engaged in a story.  I love working on literacy precursors (retelling, comprehension, sequencing, cause/effect, predicting) after and while reading a story.  

Enter the problem.  I love books so much, I want a ton of them.  But books can be expensive.  

I recently moved and found that my public library has an amazing used book program called  "Friends of the Library".  They are constantly collecting, sorting and selling used books.  They sell hard cover for $1 and paperback for $.50.  You don't even need to join the library to take advantage of this.  Here is my latest score for under $5!

I highly recommend calling local libraries in your area to see if they have programs like this.  

Happy book hunting:)

No comments:

Post a Comment