Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring Category Freebie!

Finally Spring!!
I have been so excited for the warmer weather and so are my kiddos.  We have been talking a lot about seasons lately.  I created this cute category activity to target spring themed vocabulary and work on categorization.


I have used this matchup activity with my kindergarteners to target phonemic awareness skills.  They tap out the sounds in target words and then use process of elimination if they don't know which category the target word belongs to.

My older students are using this activity to expand expressive language by using the target words in a sentence.  All student can use the provided blank worksheets to fill out by recalling members of the categories, or by adding their own.




I hope you enjoy this freebie.  You can find it here on tPt.

Happy Spring:)

No comments:

Post a Comment